How YouTube's Trending Tab Works
START SERIES FROM THE BEGINNING: https://youtu.be/hPxnIix5ExI?l....ist=PLpjK416fmKwQK6_
Watch the next video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdBgZr3rOOU&index=6&list=PLpjK416fmKwQK6_REczCaBQ1x1jyHvZAF
Go to the lesson: goo.gl/qV5PgY
The Trending feed is a single list of what videos are new and popular on YouTube in a viewer’s country. Some trends are predictable, like a new song from a popular artist, or a new movie trailer, while others are completely surprising. Therefore, we aim to combine popularity with novelty. This list considers view count (especially the rate of growth in views), where views are coming from, and many other signals. Therefore, the video with the highest daily view count may not necessarily be #1 on Trending.
Trending now also includes Creator On the Rise and Artist On The Rise, where each week, up-and-coming creators and artists will be featured for a full day. Learn more in our blog post.
• Consider making broadly appealing, shareable videos. These could help you to reach new fans who might not yet know your channel.
• Keep up your channel’s momentum. Creators and Artists are eligible for On The Rise based on subscriber level (starting at 1K subs - Opal level), as well as metrics such as videos uploaded, growth in views. and growth in subscribers.
• See how often your videos appear on the trending tab by looking at YouTube Analytics Traffic sources report, clicking the ‘Browse features’ link, and looking at the data for ‘Trending’.
MYTH: "Channels get preferred placement and can buy a spot on Trending."
TRUTH: Trending is never a paid placement. It shows content that has broad appeal.
- Level up your YouTube skills with Creator Academy lessons: http://goo.gl/E9umlU
- See index of all lessons: http://goo.gl/x2h1NG
- Get how-to step-by-step help: http://goo.gl/fBzr7